Friday, September 7, 2007

Free Will

Where I'm At: In the sun room
Weather: 78 degrees
Sights: The dark windows, Gabe sitting on the floor
Sounds: Dad's scanner and the neighbor's dog barking
Mood: Resting in God, Very Tired - emotionally and physically



Exactly 1 week ago tonight, I've been unsettled and anxious inside. Through a course of events, I and another person was able to talk to this person I mentioned in my previous entries. I think it went well - actually better than I expected. She's talking again. Sharing her heart, opening up and being real. Did I like everything she said? No. Did I agree with everything she said? No. BUT, she's expressing herself and I must respect that and honor that. Do I still have some apprehensions? Yes. We have a ways to go, and that's OK. God is answering prayers, and I am learning to trust Him with those I love the most. One way I am doing this is to speak truth to them, in love; without judgement of the choices they make - just making sure they know that no matter what - I will be there for them. It's hard to actually put this in action - I say I trust God, and then I want to control the situation, make decisions that are not mine to make, make judgements based on only part of the story. Aren't I wiser than the other person?<: Don't I have more life experience? And then, God reminds me. A gentle whisper, helping me to recall the way I thought and felt when I was young and stepping into a new chapter of my life. Reminding me, that some things I had to experience myself in order to learn. We all go through it - different phases of our lives - it just seems more dramatic when that person is young - at least to those who are older/wiser <: who are watching it happen.<:


My concerns have not gone away, and I still have some apprehension. But that's because of the unknown. And there is only so much I can do - the rest is up to that individual and God. So I place this person in Your hands, God, and keep an open mind and heart.

Bottom line - we all have our own decisions and choices to make in life. No one else can make them for us. Good or Bad - I make the choice - no one else does.

Free will - What was God thinking????

No comments: